Sunday 6 September 2009

Is THIS what women want to see in fashion magazines?

Model, Lizzie Miller--size 14

I'm sure most of you ladies out there saw a photo similar to this of model, Lizzie Miller, that had everyone freaking right out because of the "realness" of this young woman's body. Lizzie was shown, much like this photo, in her undies, tummy and all. I read that she's 5'11" and 180 lbs. Apparently women were bursting into tears over seeing someone other than a size 00 in Glamour Magazine, where Lizzie's photo was first seen by the public.


Now there's a semi-backlash brewing by a writer for The Times of London, named India Knight, who feels that women do not want to see an $8000 dress on a size 14 woman, but rather on a size 4. (First of all, there are no size 4 models in these magazines. They are size zero, or nothing at all. Wait. That's redundant.)

I'd like to know how YOU, my precious readers feel. I most certainly welcome the gentlemen to speak up, too. I'm not looking for everyone to say one thing or another. I'd really like to know how you feel about the photo of LIzzie, and if you really want "real" women in fashion magazine--and HEY, how about men? Do we want to see size 40 waist dudes in GQ. too? Why not? OR, do we need the illusion and dream when we read Vogue?

No comments:

Post a Comment